I thought I'd post one of our favorite recipes around here. I found it online a while back and have added and eliminated things over time, so here's my version. It's super easy, especially if you do your prep ahead of time so when dinner time rolls around it takes about 15 minutes to throw together. Plus, for the 4 of us (3 that eat solids!) we end up with leftovers for lunch the next day. It's really good hot or cold!
Sesame Chicken Pasta
1/4 c. sesame seeds
1 16oz. package of spiral rice pasta (or whatever you like)
1/2 c. olive oil
1/3 c. gluten free soy sauce (or regular, if you can eat gluten)
1/3 c. brown rice vinegar
1 t. sesame oil
3 T. sugar or sugar substitute (honey, agave, stevia)
1/2 t. ground or fresh ginger
1/4 t. ground black pepper
1 pound cooked cubed chicken breast
1 c. chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 c. chopped green onion
1 1/2 c. shredded carrots
2 c. sliced sweet peppers (green, red, orange, whatever you like)
(optional) Any additional veggies of your choice (bok choy, pea pods, water chestnuts, etc. are all good options) -If you add a lot of extra veggies you may have to make a little more of the dressing.
1. Heat skillet over med-high heat and add sesame seeds. Stir frequently until toasted and set aside.
2. Cook pasta, drain, and set aside in a large bowl.
3. Add shredded carrots, peppers, and any other veggies you'd like to the skillet and saute with a little oil until lightly cooked but still crisp. Add to the pasta.
4. Combine oil, vinegar, soy sauce, spices, sugar, and sesame seeds. Shake this up well.
5. Pour the dressing over the pasta/veggie mixture and mix gently. Add cooked chicken, fresh cilantro, and green onions. Serve and enjoy!