Friday, January 25, 2019

Instagram Pic: January 25, 2019 at 03:05PM


The other day TWO of my children asked if I was pregnant because, let’s face it, I’ve been pregnant a lot during each of their lifetimes and my belly is not what it used to be before kids and pregnancies. For the record I am NOT currently pregnant. 😂 But I made a point to tell them that my belly and my whole body is different than it was when I was 20 because it was used to house and grow and nurture five little babies. And you know what? I don’t want it to look like it did when I was 20 because this current body has done some amazing things and it shows, as it should. God gave me this body to sustain life, to love others, to do good things, to be used. I want my kids to know that I am thankful for the body God gave me, ALL THE TIME. When my tummy is flat, when my tummy is round, and even when my tummy is extra squishy. And if I want my children to see their bodies as good despite the flaws that we all have then I need to show them that I see my body as good no matter the size, despite the stretch marks, and because it can be used as an instrument for His glory every day in all that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment